All manuscripts should be submitted by email to email@example.com. The article must be sent in Microsoft word format.
- Authors are expected to adhere to the publication ethics international standards for authors as developed by COPE during the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity in Singapore in 2010. These are:
- The research being reported should have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and should comply with all relevant legislation.
- Researchers should present their results clearly, honestly, and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation.
- Researchers should strive to describe their methods clearly and unambiguously so that their findings can be confirmed by others.
- Researchers should adhere to publication requirements that submitted work is original, is not plagiarized, and has not been published elsewhere.
- Authors should take collective responsibility for submitted and published work.
- The authorship of research publications should accurately reflect individuals� contributions to the work and its reporting.
- Funding sources and relevant conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
- All authors have to contribute significantly to the research addressing a relevant topic in the area of the social sciences research from a multidisciplinary approach;
- Where needed, all authors are expected to provide corrections or retractions of mistakes;
- Authors are obliged to provide a list of references including the most relevant and current literature;
- Submitted manuscripts should not be under consideration for publication in other journals.
All manuscripts shall go through at least two blind reviews before being published.
On receiving a manuscript, the Editor shall first ascertain its suitability for the journal, originality in terms of plagiarism levels, readability and ensures all names of authors and other identifying information are not present. If the manuscript aligns with the scope and aim of the journal, then it is sent to reviewers for their comments.
Based on the review, the manuscript will either be accepted or rejected.
If a paper is accepted by both reviewers without corrections, then the manuscript is forwarded for editing and proofreading.
However, if the reviewers make corrections or suggestions, then the author(s) is/are expected to make the corrections, then the manuscript is sent for the second and final review. After which the paper is forward for proofreading and editing if it is accepted.
Authors are welcome and ecnouraged to suggest suitable reviewers and to request that certain individuals be excluded from reviewing their manuscript. When suggesting reviewers, the authors must ensure that they are independent and not connected to the authors or the work in anyway. Emails and other contact information of the suggested reviewers must also be provided.
In cases where editors have doubts after the process of review, they double-check the evaluation with some members of the editorial board, according to their field of specialization, in order to reach an agreement and a decision on the manuscript.
The result of the evaluation will be sent to the authors in a maximum period of 2 months from the date of reception.
A. Guidelines for submission of articles
In order to ensure originality of the received manuscripts, we check for plagiarism using Turnitin plagiarism checker software.
If the authors have an ORCID Id, we recommend they include it when submitting their manuscript. Regarding those authors who do not have this ID, we invite you to register at ORCID on the following web: http://orcid.org
Structure of the manuscripts:
- Title of the paper.
- Abstract in english. The abstract should be between 150 and 200 words explaining concisely the reasons and object of the manuscript, the methodology used and the main results and conclusions.
- 5 key words/2-word phrases that define the article and serve to identify the content of the work should follow immediately after the abstract.
- Text of the article.
Style: The manuscripts have to follow the APA style (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition, 2009). The following are some citation examples:
[Book] Lareau, A. (2004).Unequal childhoods: Class, race, and family life. Berkeley, CA: University of California.
[Edited book] Meyer, D. S. (1999). How the Cold War Was Really Won: The Effects of the Antinuclear Movements of the 1980s. In M. Giugni, D. McAdam, & Ch. Tilly (Eds.),How Social Movements Matter (pp. 182-203). Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
[Book chapter] Awobamise A.O.& Aderibigbe A.A. (2014). Exploring the Communication Strategies Employed in Mobilising Rural Women for Political Participation in Osun State, Nigeria. In Aliede, J.E. (Ed.), Studies in Communication, Mass Media and Society: Discourses and Debates (pp. 202-225). Enugu: Prime Targets Ltd.
[Journal article] Awobamise, A.O. & Jarrar, Y. (2019). Understanding the e-consumer buying behaviour: Introducing an online buying decision model. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 11(8), 3215-3225.
Lenght: The manuscripts submitted should have and extension between 6.000 and 8.000 words, including abstract, notes, references and annexes.
Format: The manuscripts should be presented in the format MS Word or RTF. The manuscripts writing style will be Times New Roman, size 12, spacing 13, full justification and without tabulations. Return will only be used to separate sections. Pages will have to be configured with the following margins: 1,41 cm (right), 1,41 cm (left), 1,41 cm (top), 1,41 cm (bottom).
Abbreviations: The only abbreviations that can be used are those universally accepted.
Authorship: When submitting the manuscript, authors should ensure that their names are not not disclosed on any page or section of the article. A separate document should be sent with the author(s) names, affiliations and biography.
Language: English is the only language accepted, but in case where another language must be used, then a translation in english must be provided immediately after where the other language appears in.
B. Guidelines for submission of book reviews
Regarding book reviews: Preferably, book reviews of relevant publications related to social sciences and humanities from different disciplines will be accepted. These should have been published no more than two years ago in the moment of submitting the book review. Selection criteria that will be taken into account are:
- Specialization and prestige of the book�s author, as well as the publishing house of the book.
- Current topic and publication date.
- Book reviews of text books or educational materials and general knowledge books are excluded.
- Use of scientific criteria by the publisher.
- The quality of the text, as well as the scientific specialty of the author in the book review will be taken into account. The maximum length is 1500 words. The book review will start with the technical data of the book (name and last name of the author, year of publication, title of the book, place and publishing house).
- The name of the author will be included in the electronic platform and should not appear in the manuscript sent for review.
The opinions and contents of the published articles in KIJHUS are the exclusive responsibility of the authors. In addition, it is their responsibility to obtain the corresponding permits to include published material in other journals or books as well as to reproduce images, texts, tables or figures from other authors.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to ensure that the manuscript is in compliance with all the following items and by submitting their manuscript they are confirming that,
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Any manuscript that does not comply with this guideline will be immediately rejected.